What is Ulthera®?
Ulthera® provides tightening by sending focused sound waves to the thin membrane (fascia) just above the muscle with the technique called ‘Ultherapy’, which is a non-surgical face lift method. The facial oval is restored and the forehead is tightened with Ultherapy.
What are the areas that Ulthera® can treat?
- Laxity and sagging in the chin area
- Loss of jaw line
- Sagging on the cheeks
- Drooping mouth corners
- Skin laxity around the neck and eyes
- Lowered eyebrows
What advantages does it provide?
- Provides neck and face lifting effect
- 30 to 60 minutes of single application is sufficient
- The patient immediately returns to his/her daily life
- No need for preparation before the process and special care afterwards
- Provides problem-specific application
- Results, that improve well in 3 to 6 months, and that last for at least 1 year, are obtained.
- Provides the opportunity to improve the deeper layers of the skin
- This method, which is particularly ideal for the eye contour, lifts the drooping eyelids and the eyebrows raise significantly.
- It is FDA approved
How does Ulthera® work?
Ulthera® is a method that uses ultrasound technology. The physician scans the skin and sends focused sound waves to areas that need treatment. After the application, a deep heat occurs under the skin. This deep penetrating energy activates the skin’s self-repairing mechanism and stimulates collagen production. After 30 or 60 minutes of applications, the patient can return to his/her daily life.
What do you feel during application?
During the application, a mild pain similar to an momentary pinprick is felt. Pain in the bony areas may be felt a little more intensely, but this pain is also tolerable. Before the process, anesthetic cream can be applied to the area and the mild pain that may be felt during application can be relieved.
What should be expected after the application?
Right after the application, the patient can return to his/her daily activities. There is no need for special care. Although some patients experience redness after application, this returns to normal after a few hours.
What is the difference of the application from other non-surgical face lift processes?
Ulthera is a skin rejuvenation method using focused ultrasound technology. By means of its reliable technology, it is possible to achieve effective and satisfying results, without using a scalpel, with a single application on the skin.
Is Ultherapy a safe method?
Ultrasound energy has been used in medicine for many years. It has been proved that it has no side effects in clinical studies. Ulthera is an FDA approved device.
Who can benefit from Ulthera application?
Anyone with skin laxity or sagging is a suitable candidate for Ultherapy. Since laxing and sagging occur on the skin of people between the ages of 40 and 65, effective and satisfying results are obtained particularly for people in this age range.